Saturday, April 11, 2015

Begin again

After swearing I would NEVER do this again by seed, today, I sowed my seeds. I did a few things differently. I purchased all my seeds from Peaceful Valley. They are all organic, non-GMO seed. I also used organic soil instead of the dehydrated soil pods I used last year. Instead of artificial light, I've set up a table by a south-facing window. And I planted later, hoping that the seedlings and planning time are better matched. So. We'll see! Today I sowed San Marzano tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, and a slicing tomato called Burbank. I also sowed zucchini, cucumber, eggplant, and bell peppers. When it's warmer, and the ground is ready, I will directly sow cucamelon and stinging nettle. Later in the summer, I'll try kale again. Very excited! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how your crop comes out, especially those cucamelons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither Carla! This new blogger app is going to help me keep you (my only follower) up to date in real time!

      Delete